These bite-size sandwiches are great for kids’ snacks, school lunches, birthday party, or just for fun. Simple enough to let your budding chef help.
Slices of bread
Sandwich spread such as: tuna salad, egg salad, cheese spreads, peanut butter, chicken salad, cinnamon sugar, apple butter jam, cream cheese, cheese
Variety of fresh vegetable slices such as: tomato slices, turnip slices, sweet peppers, carrot slices, celery slices, sliced mushrooms, sliced olives
knife and cutting board
mini cookie cutters
- Cut the crusts off the slices of bread with a knife. Allow 1-3 bread slices per person.
- Flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin.
- Spread one tablespoon of sandwich spread on each slice of bread.
- Start with one side, roll the bread jelly-roll fashion. Secure with a toothpick.
- Slice the roll into circles or pinwheels and put on a plate.
- Cut the cheese into different shapes with mini cookie cutters.
- Cut the vegetables into shapes and slices.
- Arrange the bread pinwheels, cheese shapes, and vegetables on serving plates in pinwheel or spinner designs, or in any other design.
This recipe is from Snacktivities: 50 Edible Activities for Parents and Children by MaryAnn F. Kohl and Jean Potter.