Brighten Up Your Holiday Entertaining
(Family Features) The holiday season is upon us, so celebrate by serving unique dishes and drinks bursting with flavor.
The holiday hostess has a lot on her plate. But preparing for the big event doesn’t have to be a challenge — this holiday, focus on special dishes and refreshing cocktails guests will remember for years to come. Try this tip to make your holiday events shine:
Shake It Up. From cool drinks, like the Pineapple Upside Down Mocktail, to delicious tropical twists on classic martinis, punches and warm ciders, canned Dole Pineapple Juice has recipes to shake things up this season. Made from 100 percent juice, free of GMO’s (genetically modified or engineered ingredients) and containing no added sugar, it’s also a good source of vitamins A, C and E.
Pineapple Upside Down Mocktail
- 1 cup canned Dole Pineapple Juice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- Ginger ale, chilled
- 2 teaspoons grenadine syrup
- Brown or turbinado sugar and maraschino cherries, optional garnish
- Wet just the rim of a martini glass with a little water; dip rim in brown sugar or turbinado sugar for added garnish.
- Combine pineapple juice and caramel sauce in shaker over ice. Shake vigorously; strain into martini glasses or other favorite glasses. Top off with ginger ale. Slowly pour in grenadine. Garnish with cherry, if desired.
- Note: For alcoholic variation, combine 3 ounces cake-flavored vodka or vanilla vodka, 1 ounce Frangelico or amaretto liqueur, and 6 ounces canned Dole Pineapple Juice in shaker over ice. Shake vigorously; strain into martini glasses. Slowly pour in grenadine; garnish with cherry, if desired.